When you play Baldur’s Gate 3, you probably want to have a powerful artifact that will help you fight against the enemies. Luckily, there are several of them in the game, but not many know about the Shadow Lantern, which is considered extremely rare. In this guide, you will learn how to get the Shadow Lantern in Baldur’s Gate 3.
Like most other rare items, the Shadow Lantern requires effort to obtain. Below, we will tell you more about this item and how to get it.
Baldur’s Gate 3: How To Get the Shadow Lantern
You will have access to Shadow Lantern when you visit Moonrise Tower. Your main goal is to visit the room of Balthazar, the powerful wizard who lives here. His room is located on the 2nd floor of the tower, and you will immediately realize that you have come to the right place by the number of magical artifacts inside. Your next step is to find the entrance to the secret room and open it. To do this, follow these steps:
- Take one of the hearts that are in the room on the altar.
- Pay attention to the bookshelves, where you should see an interactive Protruding Book.
- Go to it and place the heart you just found on the altar next to it.
- When everything is ready, interact with the Protruding Book to open the passage to the secret room.
Once inside the room, you will notice a modest interior and several items to interact with. Here, you can craft the long-awaited artifact, but without Gale’s help, you won’t be able to do anything. Here’s what you need to do:
- Together with Gale, approach the table to identify the Ritual Circle.
- When you do, look for items in the room such as Dead Pixie and Broken Lantern.
- Interact with the Ritual Circle to place the items you just found in it and create a Shadow Lantern.
Done, now you have an incredibly powerful and rare artifact that can be used to conjure a Wraith once per long rest.
Baldur’s Gate 3 is available now for PC and Playstation 5.