While playing Starfield, you will encounter plenty of NPCs during various quests and will speak with them. In order not to lose them in the noise of the environment, or if you don’t have the opportunity to play with sound, subtitles are included in the game by default. However, sometimes you don’t need random phrases at all, or you want to enjoy the picture during a dialog without text. So, this guide will show you how to turn off subtitles in Starfield.
You may also be interested in whether the game is in your language and whether it supports audio localization so that you can enjoy dialogues in your native language. Therefore, in this article, we will also tell you which languages are available in Starfield.
How To Enable and Disable Subtitles In Starfield
To turn off subtitles, you need to do the following:
- Go to the Pause menu during the game.
- After that, if you look at the bottom of the screen, you will see the System button, usually, it is set to the same key as Pause.
- Once you have opened the System menu, you need to press the Settings button.
- In this tab, you will have to find the Accessibility option.
There you will see the following settings:
- General Subtitles: This option allows you to turn on/off subtitles while you walk around the game.
- Dialog Subtitles: obviously allows you to include/exclude subtitles in the dialog.
Related: Starfield: How To Change Language
What Languages are Available in Starfield?
In Starfield, there are languages that feature full audio localization, here is a list of them:
- Spanish (Spain)
In addition, there are languages that are supported by interface/subtitle localization only. Here is a list of all languages that have text support:
- Chinese (Simplified, China)
- Portuguese (Brazil)
- Spanish (Spain)
Starfield is available now for PC and Xbox Series X|S.